A Peculiar People

Welcome to my BLOG. Enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toledo, Ohio, United States

Friday, December 12, 2008

King-Kong
I was so certain Rose Russell’s Saturday editorial would be a scathing rebuttal de-crying the white Mayor of Toledo thoughtlessly referring to the black Fire Chief of Toledo as King-Kong that I began formulating my response long before her column hit the press.
How could I be so sure? Please… don’t think for a minute, Ms. Russell, the self appointed guardian of African culture would pass up this opportunity to sharpen her fangs and spit venom at her computer screen when a white man is involved.
Remember when Ray Nagin, Mayor of New Orleans, referred to African Americans as chocolate people, then went on to say God was punishing blacks by sending, “hurricane, after hurricane, after hurricane.” Guess what? Not a peep out of Rose Russell. Why is that?
Journalism that exploits, distorts, or exaggerates the news to create sensations is called yellow journalism. One sided; always used to advance the writers cause and stir emotion. Nothing more than a tempest in a teacup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home