A Peculiar People

Welcome to my BLOG. Enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toledo, Ohio, United States

Friday, December 12, 2008

Homotride
Christianity VS. Homosexuality. Church leaders from all denominations are still trying to craft words and policies to tame the restless insatiable hunger to love and be loved.
I see and hear Church leaders say and write scathing commentary about the homosexual lifestyle. I’ve said and written things I wish I hadn’t. It’s easy to forget when you’re spitting venom at a computer screen that there are living, hurting, struggling people on the receiving end of that insensitive tirade.
I’m not tempted towards homosexual activity, if I were, I’m sure I’d fail. I’ve succumbed to every other temptation that came my way, why would homosexuality be any different?
For me, as a minister, to lay a burden of eternal condemnation on someone’s shoulders that I couldn’t carry, or tell them they need to live celibate, which I couldn’t do; and do this when all the while I’m swinging from the chandelier with sexual freedom is hypocrisy at its most vulgar.
I am heterosexual, a hopeless romantic with a kinky streak. What I do behind closed doors with my love interest is none of your freakin’ business, but I will tell you this, she loves me so naughty it makes me weak in the knees.
I have not yet reached the point where I’m ready to say God’s is all right with homosexuality, but if my heart and mind takes me there I will not stubbornly refuse acknowledgement. I am sure of one thing, the blood of Christ can and will reach the homosexual. At this juncture in my understanding I try to encourage gently and never condemn harshly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home