A Peculiar People

Welcome to my BLOG. Enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toledo, Ohio, United States

Friday, December 12, 2008

Multi-Theism
People have expressed in various and clever ways the idea that all religions are basically equal; just different paths that lead to the same mountaintop. Once there, everyone has the same view. This teaching is called multi-theism and is nothing new.
No one would be happier than I if that teaching were true; however no amount of wishful thinking will make it so. Jesus did not talk about many paths but one; a narrow path which only a few find.
Jesus claimed himself to be the way, the truth and the light; no one gets to the Father but by me. (John 14:6) There is no other name under heaven by which men must be saved (Acts 4:12). To teach otherwise is akin to calling Jesus a liar and the Holy Writ hogwash.
Jesus was a peace loving man, but said “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.” Since Jesus taught love and non-violence we can be certain this analogy points to division of family and friends because of Christ. Jesus went on to say, “a man’s enemies will be members of his own household.” (See Matthew 10)
I know the way of salvation according to Scripture; I’m certain of it. According to Scripture, these three little words need to be the bedrock of our salvation, nothing more and nothing less.
When you know the way of salvation you will automatically, by way of default, recognize falsehood. Everything we need to live a successful life in relationship to God can be found in Christian Scripture, a.k.a the Holy Bible, the Word of God,
Conversions happen when a person catches a fleeting glimpse of the nakedness of his sin sick soul, when the fear of eternal judgment grips his heart and mind. If the individual has money their religious guide may lead them towards philanthropy and altruism. Charitable deeds are good, but should be the fruit of salvation not an attempt to secure it.
Some men who are passionately religious make tragic errors in judgment and recruit warriors for their god. They kill and maim trying to please a god created in their imagination.
If on judgment day a person finds they do indeed stand in a parent/child relationship with God it will be because of God’s grace.
The Blood of Christ, the sacrifice, the atonement for sin, these things are what other religions lack. The common ground many religious leaders say they are trying to find has already been found, it is at the foot of the cross.
Instead of wearing sackcloth and ashes, weeping for the sins of their people and the Judgment of God that is coming. Some religious “leaders” choose instead to share tea and crumpets, pat each other on the back and say, “You’re okay, I’m okay.”
I have never been invited to speak at a multi-faith conference. If I ever have that opportunity, God forbid I speak out of both sides of my mouth, suggesting were on different paths to the same destination. I would address the assembly as an Ambassador for Christ. I would plead for peace and unity with every fiber of my being. I would attempt to build unity on the bedrock that is Christ, not on the quicksand of human design. I would beseech my Muslin, Buddhist and Hindu friends to become Christian, to repent and be immersed in water, (Christian baptized) for the remission of sins. (See Acts 2)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home