A Peculiar People

Welcome to my BLOG. Enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toledo, Ohio, United States

Friday, December 12, 2008

Sex
Sin is such a harsh word. I am troubled when religious leaders come down hard on one sin, or one group of sinners. I’m referring to the barrage of homosexual hate speech that finds its voice with some in the religious community.
In a perfect world we would all marry our childhood sweetheart’s and live happily ever after. But this is not a perfect world, far from it in fact, this is a fallen world, a world out of harmony with God’s will, a world in chaos.
As a minister I try to lead people to the plan of salvation as presented through Scripture. I try to share it as gently and with as much love as I can muster. Granted there are times when tough love, a stern talking to, better known as fire and brimstone to you old time conservatives is in order. Love is always preferable.
Concerning homosexuality. I don’t consider homosexuality the heinous, hideous sin some Christians paint it to be. But I do consider it a sin, but again, no more repulsive to God than any other sin.
Please don’t call me a homophobe. A phobia is defined as a irrational fear. The word homophobe is more often than not misapplied to those who are opposed to homosexuality.
Same sex coupling is unnatural. Can we agree on that? Common, yes, no doubt about it, but not natural. Even evolution, which posits survival of the species, balks at the idea of man with man, and woman with woman.
I understand desire, I understand lust, I understand passion — and so do you. Homosexuality only points to the fallen nature of man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home