A Peculiar People

Welcome to my BLOG. Enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toledo, Ohio, United States

Friday, December 12, 2008

New Orleans
What an interesting turn of events. It appears Ray Nagin, Mayor of New Orleans, has been possessed by the spirit of my friend Opal Covey, with just a dash of Don Gozdowski thrown into the gumbo.
Mr. Nagin declared, “New Orleans will be Chocolate city once again. The way God wants it to be.” My first thought was, I’m glad I didn’t say that. His comment did strike a chord with me however, reminded me of déjà vu all over again.
Mr. Nagin, who is black, continued his discourse and not only implied, but declared the recent rash of hurricanes were a sign that God is mad at America in general, and the black community in particular.
When you presume to speak for God, you’d better know what you’re talking about. I remember when Pat Robinson said God wanted him to be president. Well by golly, if God wants you to be president, you’re gonna be president.
Do you believe God is in control of nature? Do you believe “the wind and the waves obey His voice?” If you do, what than are we to make of natural disasters?
The power of God on display is an awesome, breathtaking spectacle. I think a more reasonable and safer view than the one held by Mr. Nagin, is to consider aberrations of nature a wake up call; a call to repentance if you will, not a punishment.
I hold this belief because the judgment of God has already been declared – once, and for all, and forever – against America, and the rest of the world, by a cross, on a hill called Calvary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home